The Price of Water Campaign (2010 – 2012)
The purpose of The Price of Water campaign is to raise awareness of the Czech public about the global problem of water scarcity and pollution in developing countries.
The Price of Water campaign was conducted in 2010 – 2012. Its aim was to raise awareness of the Czech public about the global problem of water scarcity and pollution in developing countries. The emphasis was placed on creating a sense of responsibility among the Czech public in the context of the climate change consequences and changes in water regimes in developing countries as well as on fixing the problems through development cooperation and changes in consumer behaviour of all of us.
- Promotion of the themes of water and climate changes in media through advertising, video and radio spots, and promotional items.
- Publication of special supplements in national newspapers.
- Support of trips for journalists to developing countries.
- Initiation and creation of articles and media outputs in newspapers, journals, on web portals, radio and television on the subject of water and global problems.
- Holding knowledge competitions.
- Organization of social events for the public – providing information about water problematic at public events; information stands of the Rozvojovka scheme presenting the Price of Water campaign at summer music festivals and other social events, special competitions for visitors, debates after screenings of films dealing with environmental issues.
- Initiation and creation of academic texts – involvement of students and university graduates in relevant academic fields – written analyses of water problematic and other global issues.
We cooperate with:
Within the campaign we collaborate with non-profit organizations, in particular: ‘Hnutí Duha – Friends of the Earth Czech Republic’ and non-profit organization ‘NaZemi’.
The project was funded by the Czech Development Agency and the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Czech Republic within the framework of the Czech International Development Cooperation.